Thursday, December 10, 2015

From the Attic: Metallica at the Troubadour August 18th, 1982.


Up next from the archives is this flyer purchased from Ron Mcgovney who was also kind enough to sign it.  This show was with Ratt, and I must admit I find it strange Metallica made their own flyers in those days that often omitted the other bands from the bill.  I suppose this may have upset a few bands, but who knows. One thing is for sure the early self-made Metallica flyers are attractive and among my favourites.

Metallus Maximus...

This photo is one I have on file from when I received the flyer, I have since had it framed and it now hangs on my wall as another reminder of those long bygone glorious days.  On a final note, it is too bad the Metallica EP advertised here that was supposed to come out on High Velocity Records never happened.

1 comment: